RNFOO Application Submission Guidelines
Please read this information carefully. The following guidelines and links to further documents will tell you how to successfully complete the application process:
- The on-line portion of the application must be completed by Monday, January 23, 2017, 4pm EST.
- All supplementary documents (transcripts, confirmations of enrollment, and letters of reference) must be received in the RNFOO office by Friday, February 10, 2017, 4pm EST for your application to be considered
- You can complete your application over multiple online work sessions
- All components of your application must be in English
- Please review ALL of the guidelines below before starting the application process
- Consult the Applicants' Submission Process Summary
- For your information, here is a description of the application review process that will be followed by the RNFOO Awards & Scholarship Committee judges
Application Checklist - Here is what you need:
1. Review the 2017 Awards and Scholarships Brochure and the 2017 Eligibility Guide to identify the award(s) and scholarship(s) for which you are eligible. Please be sure to apply only for those award(s) for which you are eligible. You will be required to explain your qualifications for each award that you choose to apply for (50 - 100 words per award). Your application will not be considered for any award for which you have not provided this explanation. For further details, refer to Instructions for Explanations of Qualifications. All applications for an award for which the applicant is not eligible will not be reviewed.
2. Once you have decided you are going to apply for a 2017 award(s), you must register to apply, and pay a one-time, non-refundable application processing fee of $25 via PayPal. Only one fee is required per applicant, irrespective of the number of awards for which you are applying. (Please note: the application processing fee is not required to apply for quarterly Infection Control reviews of applications from health care professionals practicing in Ontario. Find more information about these awards at Infection Control Awards).
3. Career goals summary – no more than 500 words - refer to guidelines for Career Goals Summary Instructions. Note: this section of the application is heavily weighted in the judging process.
4. In order to apply for a Research Award, you must submit your research proposal. Your project must be ready for ethics review. For further details, refer to Research Proposal Instructions. Research Proposals are uploaded at the bottom of the 'Awards' tab of the application. Applications for research awards that do not include a research proposal will not be considered.
If you are applying for an award to fund a special project (eg for the Mary Myers Award), you should upload a detailed project description to this field at the bottom of the 'Awards' tab.
5. A resumé in the correct format as per the Resumé Guidelines.
6. If applicable for the award for which you are applying, submit a list of your publications and/or completed research from within the last five years. (This information can therefore be excluded from your resumé).
7. Please ensure you have contacted your two references, and provide their contact information on the 'References' tab of the application. Please review the Reference Letter Guidelines.
8. Brief Biography to be used for RNFOO publications – no more than 100 words – please use the “third person” when writing. (View how winners in previous years have done this by looking at the 2016 Award winners.) Note that all winners will be required to provide a print-quality picture for the Gala Program Book.
9. When you have entered all of your information and are ready to submit your application, go to the Application Status tab (visible when you have clicked on Complete Your Application) and set the Application Status field to Complete. This will ensure that your information will be reviewed after the January 23rd submission deadline. If you have not marked your application as 'Complete', it will not be considered.
11. All applications must be supported by transcripts. All transcripts must be official documents that include your grades for the Fall 2016 term. Contact your university/college to send your official transcript directly to the RNFOO office or mail it to the RNFOO office in an officially sealed envelope. Some universities are able to send official transcripts electronically or by fax. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that electronic or faxed transcripts are clearly marked as official, and come directly from the educational institution. You should allow at least two weeks for transcripts to be delivered from Ontario institutions. You should ensure that you have a receipt that clearly shows the date the transcript was ordered and paid. If the transcripts are coming from outside of Ontario, allow 2-4 weeks, and if from outside of Canada, allow 4-6 weeks. If you are in a second degree or Graduate level program, judges expect to see all previous transcripts.
The closing date for the 2017 Awards & Scholarships Applications is Monday, January 23, 2017, 4pm EST, after which you will be unable to make any changes to your application. Please note that all required documentation - confirmations of enrollment, transcripts, and letters of reference - must be received in the RNFOO office by Friday, February 10, 2017, 4pm EST for your application to be considered.
The RNFOO office address is:--
Registered Nurses’ Foundation of Ontario
Awards & Scholarships Committee
7270 Woodbine Ave.
Suite 305* (New suite number as of December 2015)
Markham, ON L3R 4B9