The SARS-Rolling Stones Infection Control and Prevention Fund provides reimbursement funding for specified tuition/certification/professional development expenses to Certified Infection Control Practitioners or practicing health professionals from any discipline, who are currently employed in Ontario. The Fund also supports continuing education, participation in, or coordination of, conferences, educational projects, and research. The Awards are sponsored by the Ontario Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care, and are funded from Molson Canada SARS concert (2003) and from the sales of a DVD produced at the time of the Rolling Stones 2003 SARS Benefit Concert in Toronto. The Registered Nurses’ Foundation of Ontario is responsible for the administration of the awards. Applications are reviewed by a multi-disciplinary committee. Decisions of this committee are final and not subject to appeal. Individual candidates may request up to $2,000. Group or organizational candidates may request up to $5,000. In both cases, candidates must declare any other source(s) of funding in support of their initiative.
- Applications will be reviewed quarterly and must be faxed, received by e-mail, or postmarked by January 1, April 1, July 1, or October 1 for each review process. Requests for reimbursement of expenses for events, courses or certification completed more than 12 months before the application due date will not be considered.
- Income tax receipts will be issued for all awards, as required by CRA.
- Applicants must identify and declare other sources of funding (e.g. employer, grant monies) for the study or event.
- Complete all application criteria noted on the Application Form. Your Social Insurance Number is required for income tax purposes. You must submit all 3 pages of this application form.
- Attach receipts for all claims (tuition, conference attendance, certification).
- Provide proof of successful completion of education program or components of program, (including conferences) or certification/recertification process.
- Note: proof of current employment in Ontario may be requested.
- Funding Program A: Expense reimbursement to support continuing education and CHICA (Canada National Education Conference or equivalent) conference attendance/participation
- Funding Program B: Expense reimbursement to support successful completion of a formal Infection Control Practitioner Education Program that is recognized by IPAC Canada
- Funding Program C: Expense reimbursement to support successful Certification/Re-certification as Infection Control Practitioner
- Funding Program D: Grants to groups or organizations for developing or coordinating conferences or equivalent for professional development
- Funding Program E: Grants for research aimed at advancing professional practice in Infection Control
Please return the completed Application Form by mail, fax, or email to:
Registered Nurses’ Foundation of Ontario
7270 Woodbine Ave.
Markham, ON L3R 4B9