RNFOO is a charitable organization that provides financial support for Ontario Registered Nurses and Nursing students to help them further their educational studies, conduct nursing and health care research, and support community health initiatives.
• Founded in 1972
• $1,000,000 in scholarships and awards distributed since inception
• 300 applications are received annually
• Over 400 award recipients since 1972
• 51% of award winners are in an undergraduate program; 49% are in post-grad programs
• Award winners represent more than 150 health care areas
Thinking of applying for an award? Here is some basic information:
- Most (but not all) of the RNFOO Awards and Scholarships require current enrollment in a nursing program. Applications are accepted late December through mid-January each year.
- Decisions are made in March/April, and winners are celebrated at the Annual Fundraising Gala.
- Details of deadlines and awards available will be posted when available (Usually around October). Information about the previous application process will provide a good idea of what can be expected next year.
Please join RNFOO in congratulating the 2013 recipients!